Injection of a saturated Sodium Fluoride (NaF) solution is one of the easiest ways to supplement naturally present fluoride in drinking water sources. Sodium Fluoride is a white, odorless material available in the form of either powder or crystals. Its solubility is practically constant at ~4.0 grams per 100 milliliters in water at temperatures generally encountered in water treatment practices.
Our fluoride feed system is a packaged system. It consists of an upflow fluoride saturator tank, fluoride solution storage tank, chemical metering pump, water supply feed, piping, valves, fittings, instrumentation and controls to make a complete and functional system. The system is provided with integral secondary containment.
Each system is pre-assembled, piped, wired, factory tested and shipped as a single unit for easy installation at the jobsite.
The major system components are as follows:
- Upflow Fluoride Saturator Tank
- Sodium Fluoride Solution Storage Tank
- Chemical Metering Pump
- Water Feed System
- Control Panel
- Miscellaneous Instrumentation and Accessories
- Secondary Containment
System Features & Benefits The IMS system incorporates many features and advantages, including:
- Pre-assembled, piped, wired and tested at the factory prior to shipment
- Delivered and installed as a single piece, with minimum installation cost and time
- Superior upflow saturator design
- Separate saturator and solution tank
- Saturator automatic operation
- Small footprint and profile
- Fully contained system
- Fully integrated control panel
- Readily available factory support
- Maximum value for performance, reliability, installation, maintenance and operation